Even though FOODragon’s blog is very young, tradition is tradition and Blog Day applies to all blogs regardless of age.
So here is a short list of 5 recommended blogs. Naturally they are all about China but no all of them are strictly about food.
- Beijing Hao Chi (Beijing Delicious) – A blog by two foreign students at Qinghua University of Beijing (one girl from the US and another girl from HK) who write about the food they encounter in their daily life in China (including cafeteria food). This blog has been on the air since November 2009 and is updated mostly during the semesters.
- Hong Kong Food Blog – This is a great blog for those who want to take a close look at the Cantonese cuisine. It is run by Anna, a Hong Kong local and you might also wanna check out her Hong Kong travel blog.
- Letters from China – Not food you eat but definitely food for thought. Evan Osnos, The New Yorker correspondent to Beijing, always provides interesting and insightful observations about current events in China.
- The Savoury Road – Food, travel and (high quality) photography from China and Europe, but mostly China lately. By English Richard and German Kerstin.
- Shanghai Foodist – This blog is about dining in Shanghai but it could easily be a food photographer’s portfolio. Each photo is an eye candy that will definitely get your appetite going.
Happy Blog Day!